Maryland progressive groups are continuing to attempt to pressure members of the state’s congressional delegation who have not signed on as co-sponsors of the Medicare-for-All legislation.
Our Revolution Maryland and the Maryland Progressive Healthcare Coalition are holding their second Medicare-for-All town hall on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Gaithersburg Public Library, this time targeting U.S. Rep. David J. Trone (D-Md.). The groups’ first town hall was in August in House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer’s district.
The scheduled speakers on Sunday are:
- Del. Gabriel Acevero (D-Montgomery)
- Laura Kaplan-Weisman, a family physician who is advocating for a single payer health care system
- Larry Cohen, chairman of Our Revolution, and former president of the Communications Workers of America
- Sanjeev K. Sriram, a physician at Children’s National Hospital in Washington, D.C., and host of the “Dr. America” podcast on health justice
- Richard “RJ” Eskow, host of “The Zero Hour,” a writer and former health insurance insider.
The groups plan to host a health care town hall in the district of Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (D) later this year.