WATCH: Maryland Matters and UMBC host ‘Climate Calling: A Community Conversation’
Maryland Matters and the University of Maryland Baltimore County are hosting a community forum to explore the future of state climate policy with some of the state’s top officials.
The forum will connect new leaders in Gov. Wes Moore’s administration, Maryland Matters readers and community members, and UMBC students, whose generation stands to gain or suffer the most from climate policies for years to come.
Members of the panel are:
- Lt. Gov. Aruna Miller
- Kevin Anderson, Secretary of Commerce
- Rebecca Flora, Secretary of Planning
- Serena McIlwain, Secretary of the Environment
- Paul Pinsky, Director, Maryland Energy Administration
- Paul Wiedefeld, Secretary of Transportation.
The conversation is being moderated by Josh Kurtz, founding editor and reporter at Maryland Matters, and Candace Dodson-Reed, UMBC’s vice president for government relations and community affairs.