No Maryland election is complete without the Maryland Matters election contest.
Think you know Maryland elections better than anyone else around? Take our quiz and see how you stack up once all the ballots are counted.
The lucky winner will win lunch with the crew at Maryland Matters.
Here’s how you play:
Email your answers to the questions below to [email protected] by 8 p.m. on Tuesday, when polls close. Please also let us know how to reach you by phone. One entry per person.
Here are your questions … good luck!
1. Who is going to be the next governor of Maryland? __________________
2. Who is going to be the next comptroller? __________________
3. Who is going to be the next attorney general? _________________
4. Who will get the highest percentage of the vote — Wes Moore, Brooke Lierman or Anthony Brown? ___________
5. Who will get the most raw votes — Moore, Lierman or Brown? __________________
6. Who will win the 6th District congressional race in Maryland? _____________________
7. Which Republican candidate for Congress will get the higher percentage of the vote — Nicolee Ambrose in the 2nd District, or Yuripzy Morgan in the 3rd District? _____________________
8. Will Democrat Heather Mizeur exceed 42% of the vote in the 1st congressional district? _____________
9. Who will be the next Frederick County executive? ____________________
10. Who will win the rematch between Calvin Ball and Allan Kittleman in Howard County? _____________
11. Who will be sworn in as Anne Arundel County executive in December? __________________
12. Which political party will have the majority on the Anne Arundel County Council? ________________
13. Who will be sworn in as Wicomico County executive in December? _____________________
14, Who will win the 9th District state Senate race between Katie Fry Hester (D) and Reid Novotny (R)? ______________
15. Who will win the 34th District Senate race between Christian Miele (R) and Mary-Dulany James (D)? _____________
16. Who will win the race for a House of Delegates seat in District 29B in St. Mary’s County? _____________
17. How many seats will Democrats hold in the state Senate in January 2023? __________________
18. How many seats will Republicans hold in the House of Delegates in January 2023? _____________
19. Will the statewide vote to legalize recreational cannabis exceed 62%? ___________________
20. Will Baltimore City voters support a ballot initiative to impose term limits on their elected officials? ________
Tie-breaker #1: What percentage of the vote does David Lashar, the Libertarian Party nominee for governor, rack up? _______________
Tie-breaker #2: What percentage of the vote does Pat McDonough, the Republican nominee for Baltimore County executive, win? _____________