So you think you’re a political prognosticator? A budding Charlie Cook? You say you’ve been crunching turnout models for that obscure commissioner race in Washington County for the past several months? Then you’ll want to enter Maryland Matters’ primary election contest. It’s simple — it’s fun! And the lucky winner will be treated to lunch with Maryland Matters Editor Josh Kurtz (we hope this is not a disincentive to enter).
Here’s how you play:
Answer the questions below. Email your answers to [email protected] Please also let us know how to reach you by phone. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26 (primary day). One entry per customer, please.
Here are your questions:
1. The Democratic nominee for governor will be ________________.
2. The Republican nominee for Baltimore County executive will be ________________.
3. The Democratic nominee for Baltimore County executive will be ________________.
4. The Democratic nominee for Montgomery County executive will be ________________.
5. The Democratic nominee for Prince George’s County executive will be ________________.
6. These state senators may be vulnerable on primary day. Which ones will lose?
a) Joan Carter Conway (D-Baltimore City)
b) Nathaniel J. McFadden (D-Baltimore City)
c) Douglas J.J. Peters (D-Prince George’s)
d) Steve Waugh (R-St. Mary’s)
e) Robert A. Zirkin (D-Baltimore County)
7. Who gets more raw votes in the Democratic primary, state Attorney General Brian E. Frosh or state Comptroller Peter V.R. Franchot? ___________________.
8. Which three candidates emerge from the Republican primary for House of Delegates in Anne Arundel County District 33?
9. The Democratic nominee for House of Representatives in the 1st Congressional District will be __________________.
10. The Democratic nominee for House of Representatives in the 6th Congressional District will be ___________________.
11. The Democratic nominee for state Senate in the 12th District (Howard and Baltimore counties) will be ______________.
TIE-BREAKER: The four Democrats to emerge from the Montgomery County Council at-large primary will be:
SECOND TIE-BREAKER: What percentage of the vote does Krish Vignarajah get in the Democratic primary for governor?
Thanks for playing. And good luck! The winner will be announced the week of July 2.